Since it's Thursday, I thought I'd do a Random Thursday Thoughts post for you- yeah, I just made that up while I was sitting here typing. Anyway, I am going to share a bunch of random junk with you so here we go.
* I woke entirely too early this morning. Annalee got up at 4:00 wanting a bottle and then I couldn't go back to sleep. You know me, I wasted endless hours on the internet instead of doing something productive. I did order myself a new book though while I was browsing.
I seriously can't wait to get it. I'm excited to read it. I've heard really great things about it. Have any of you all read it? I am NOT a reader but reading a few books is on my 2013 bucket list so I'll be starting with this one.
* I also found these two pictures on Facebook this morning. Mommy had posted them yesterday while I was sleeping at her house. Aren't my babies just precious?
Ax was helping his Nana cook!
Look at that smile :)
* I did end up laying back down this morning because you know me, I can't manage to stay awake that long. Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep long because by about 9:30 Axle was awake and wanting a bottle. He woke Annalee when he got up and then the girls followed shortly after. Axle went back to sleep but none of the rest of us got to. Thanks Mr. Ax!
* I made some Sausage, Eggs & Biscuits for breakfast this morning. I've gotten to where I really LOVE sausage. I used to not eat anything but links but I've been buying rolls of sausage lately. Instead of slicing it, I just cook it in the pan in small pieces (I actually started this when I started making buritos). I usually mix my sausage and eggs together. It's so tasty.
* I didn't do much of anything around the house today. I got the kitchen picked up and several loads of laundry done but other than that, not a lot was happening. I think I've just felt so bad that I've not been motivated to do anything. Between the pain and the medicines, I feel zonked all the time. While I was in the bathroom with Ax earlier, I decluttered the stand that holds all the makeup and such. It was a mess. At least that looks better.
* The girls (Anika & Torie) on the other hand must have been REALLY motivated today. They cleaned Anika's room from top to bottom and rearranged all the furniture. They even cleaned out her closet and moved her vanity and everything in there. Isn't it amazing how much work they will do when it's something THEY WANT to do!
* Hubby's W2's came in the mail today so I worked on them for a bit. I've got them ready to file except for putting our bank routing number in. We only have a savings and our savings book doesn't have the routing number on it. I'm going to have to call in the morning and get it. It looks like we are going to do pretty good this year. We should get back over $5,000.00. That makes me happy!
* I took a nap this afternoon. I ended up sleeping from around 3:00-5:30. I'm telling you, I just feel so bad. I just really want to get better.
* I put some Potatoes in the Crockpot this morning. I found a new recipe to fix Baked Potatoes in a Crockpot and had to try it out. I can't tell you how they taste because we didn't eat any. Since I was asleep when Hubby called, he stopped & got Pizza and Breadsticks on his way home from work. I thought it was sweet that he didn't want me to have to cook. We ended up not eating the potatoes but I did take our renter one tonight and put one in Hubby's bucket so I'll let you know what they thought about them tomorrow. They looked pretty good to me as I was buttering them this evening.
* I haven't showered or cleaned up all week long. Tomorrow is the day. I don't care how bad I feel, I have to clean up a little.
* The girls made Strawberry Cookies today. You make them just like the Lemon Cookies I make all the time. They are so super simple yet my daughter still struggled with them. I swear that girl better find her a rich man so she can afford a personal chef. Otherwise, they are going to starve to death.
* I started watching Project Runway this evening. I absolutely LOVE that show. Ax decided about 1/2 way through it was O-Bob (Spongebob) time so there went my Project Runway. I now know why I don't even bother trying to watch television.
* My friend Debbie sent me a really cool site today to get my blog bound into a book. After checking on it, I'm undecided what I want to do. I can get it printed and bound in Black and White for right at $100.00 which is very doable. To get it done in color though is like $300.00 which is more than I want to pay. I thought about just doing it myself but buy the time I buy ink, it's probably going to cost me a fortune not counting tons of time. I'm thinking Black and White might be okay. It would still have all my content as well as my pictures. What do you all think? Would you print yours in black and white or just try to do it yourself? I want to print it every year as sort of a keepsake of our year for my children. Pleas share your thoughts!
* This weekend we are hoping to take the kids to the Civic Center to see the Monster Trucks. I say hoping because we aren't sure if Hubby is off work and we aren't sure if the weather is going to hold up.
* As I was typing this tonight, we experienced blizzard (like) conditions. The wind was whipping & snow was blowing everywhere. That isn't the odd thing though. The odd thing is that we also had Thunder and Lightening. Now how cool is that?
* Before I go, I have a special request- My cousin Brittany took her son Chase to the Children's Hospital today. Chase is only a few months old & has a knot on the back of his head. The pediatrician wanted him to go to a Children's Hospital and have it checked just in case. Once they got there today the doctor told them he thought it was just fatty tissue but was going to do an Ultrasound just in case. They are spending the night there tonight so they can get the Ultrasound results in the morning. The doctor told her if they couldn't be sure by the Ultrasound tomorrow, they were going to have to do surgery and remove it. Just pray that the Ultrasound is conclusive tomorrow and that it is just fatty tissue. I sure don't want to see him have to have surgery on his head. Thank in advance for your prayers :)
Now friends, I'm off of here. It's almost time for the Hubs to go to work so I'm going to see him out the door and then I'm going to bed. Tomorrow will be an at home day for all of us. It's going to be cold and snowy which means we stay in. I'm thinking Homemade Veggie Soup for dinner sounds good. Maybe I'll even find a little time to watch a movie tomorrow!
Hope you all have a nice Friday- talk to you soon!