I've been up for a LONG time this morning. I went to bed around midnight last night and was really hoping for a good nights rest. Sadly, it didn't happen. Ax wouldn't go to bed with me & when Hubby woke at 3:00 this morning, he was still going strong. Thanks to Anika, I did sleep from midnight till 3:00 am because she actually set up with him. I got up with Hubby and let her go on to bed. Ax followed just shortly after her BUT I was already awake and couldn't go back to sleep. It's about 6:30 now and I'm hoping to at least work in a little nap sometime or another today.
Enough of today though, I'm here to tell you about my yesterday. Don't get excited, there really isn't anything extraordinary to tell.
* I didn't wake till around 9:30 am but I wasn't going to complain. That is much earlier than I had been waking.
* I spent my early morning online although I should have been doing a million other things. It was so quiet though while all the kids were sleeping that I just couldn't resist.
* I fixed Biscuits and Jelly for breakfast. I used to never eat breakfast but the older I get the more I crave it. I'm in the habit now of fixing it most every single day.
* I was so happy to see Axle roll out of bed at 10:00 am. He's had his days and nights mixed up forever so I was hoping that by him waking earlier, he would get lined out. If you read the first part of this post, you know that didn't actually happen.
* I fed Miss Annalee some bananas for breakfast. She got a new Minnie chair for Christmas and I used it to feed her in. She sat up in it like a big girl. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I tried baby food with her a few weeks ago and she didn't do well with it, she kept pushing it out of her mouth. I decided to wait awhile and try again & I'm happy to report she did very well yesterday. Looks like she will be getting baby food from here on out.
* After Little Misses breakfast, I did some housework. I managed to get my kitchen cleaned up and it was a mess. Apparently Anika had decided to make a midnight snack of cake batter & she left chocolate all over the kitchen. Ugh, teenagers are something else. My two little ones were well behaved while I was cleaning though. They sat together in the bean bag chair and watched cartoons. Ax ended up moving after a little bit though because Annalee kept scratching him. He says "Olee hurt me". Yep, he calls her Olee, it's so cute! Of course Ax being his typical self, he couldn't sit on the couch. Nope, he got her carseat and sat in it while he watched television. I think he's a tad bit jealous.
* I started putting away some laundry yesterday when I realized I hadn't yet posted a pic of the goodies I bought at Factory Connection the other day. I went ahead and snapped them for you so I could share. Here is the 2 pair of earrings, dress and shirt I got for $28.00. I think I got a good deal :)
* I broke down about 12:30 and woke Anika up. She has been staying up REALLY late this week where she has been out of school. Of course she has been sleeping REALLY late too. She's going to have to get back on track this weekend though or she will regret it come next week.
* Anika helped me finish cleaning the house. I got the floors in my living room mopped and swept, the mountain of laundry in my kitchen put away, the house straightened up pretty good and the laundry pretty much done. We were very productive!
* After our housework was done, we made a quick trip to town. I had to run by the Dollar Store to pick up some Razors, Mop n Glo, Light bulbs, A Writing Tablet and some Ink Pens! We also stopped by my Grandma's to get some laundry that I had done there back when my washer was tore up and I had yet to go pick it back up. Of course we went to the grocery store too because that is pretty much an everyday event for us. I really should plan and shop weekly instead of daily as it's much cheaper!
* While I was out I stopped by a new place here in town called Basketcase Lane. They have all sorts of crafts and stuff that is made by locals. I went in there last month and got my friend Cristina a tart warmer and a cute little sign for her birthday. I got a tart warmer this year for Christmas with some tarts and I've really been loving it. I remembered seeing various tarts the last time I was in there so I stopped in to pick me up a few more since I was about it. Oh my, did I get some good smelling tarts. I can't wait to use them. I know, it's sad that I get so excited over tarts but I do. While I was in there she also told me some more exciting news. She is opening a cafe in the back of her store and it should be opened sometime next week. She will be serving baked goods, sandwiches & a soup of the day. She will also have a daily lunch special! I looked at her little dining area and it is so cute. It's quaint and cozy which is really my style. I can't wait to go try it out. That is one drawback of small town living, we have VERY few dining choices!
* By the time the kids and I got back home, Hubby had already called and said he was on his way home. I of course asked him did he want to go to Church with me and he of course said no but it doesn't hurt to ask. I was going to go with my Sister in Law anyway but she was sick so I ended up staying home. I'm really disappointed that I did now. The Revival ended last night. I'm not sure why they ended it other than it has been going on for 3 weeks. There was 3 more people saved last night at it though so that was awesome news. There has been so many lives changed by that little Revival. It truly was such a blessing to witness it for myself. Now that it is over though, that means I'll be doing some Church visiting and trying to find a good fit for myself. It might just be that I visit several different Churches for awhile. I want to be sure when I settle on one, it is where God wants me to be.
* Hubby got home shortly after we did. I had already started supper but it was going to be a bit before it ws done so he took Axle outside for a bit. Axle gets stir crazy if he has to stay in the house for a prolonged period of time. It was cold yesterday but I bundled him up & he rode his motorcycle for awhile. Hubby recently traded for another small motorcycle so he rode with him. It was too funny. He looked like an elephant riding a pee ant! I couldn't resist a picture.
* We had a nice hearty dinner last night. I made a pan of Lasagna, Salads & Garlic Bread. It was very yummy and I'm usually not a huge lasagna fan. Axle didn't eat much but I think it's because he's been all stopped up. He sneezed all day yesterday and his nose was runny. I'm thinking it's probably allergies or at least I'm hoping that is all it is. Hubby ate a ton, lasagna is his favorite. I even fixed our renter a big huge plate because he says I make the best lasagna he's ever eaten!
* After dinner, I cleaned up all the dishes & got the kitchen in order once again. That seems like a never ending process around here. Since everyone LOVES the lemon cookies I make, I decided to try something a little different. Instead of using Lemon Cake Mix, I used Strawberry. I must tell you that they turned out to be delicious. I'm thinking you could probably use any flavor and they would be good. The Strawberry will make a really cute Valentines Day Gift for my friends though and I'm thinking that it what they are going to get. I made 3 dozen and this morning they were all gone if that tells you anything.
* Hubby settled in to watch a movie while I was baking so while he was busy doing that, I once again cleaned up the mess in the kitchen. Told you it was never ending. For some reason I was also craving some Hot Cocoa so I made us up some. Anika didn't want any & Axle didn't drink his but Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed ours. Mine was loaded down with marshmallows cause that is just how I roll. It was so tasty that I'm thinking I'll have another cup or two today :)
* By the time I finally got settled down on the couch, Hubby was so sleepy he couldn't hold his eyes open. I'm not even kidding, he literally was falling asleep sitting up in the recliner. I forced him to go to bed. He didn't want to because he said it was too early but he obviously needed the extra rest. I think it was just a bit before 8:00 when he went to sleep. There was no way I could go to bed that early so I played online for awhile. Annalee napped and Ax watched cartoons with his Sissy. By about 9:00, Anika told me Ax had fell asleep so I moved him into the bed.
* I sat down and worked on updating my bucket lists. I have several different lists that I work off of each and everyday. I love lists, they keep me motivated. I decided yesterday that I was going to keep them all in one spot by designating one single notebook to them. When I was looking through them last night, I realized that my Winter Bucket List wasn't going so well. You want to know why? We haven't had any SNOW!!!! I plan on doing a monthly update on all my lists for you. I will be doing my Monthly List as well as my Seasonal List & now my 2013 List. See, told you I have a lot of lists!
* I ended up crashing by around midnight. Shortly after I laid down Axle got up which once again if you read the first part of this post, is why I'm up this time of morning!
Well friends, that pretty much sums up my Thursday. Definitely another day absolutely full of blessings. Since Annalee should be up shortly for a feeding, I think I'll go ahead and scour online for some type of bible study program & quite possibly do a little internet surfing. I might even break down and upload some pics to Facebook which I haven't done in forever. No need in laying down until after her feeding I figure. What is on the agenda for today you ask? As of right now, not much. Soup Beans are going in the Crockpot for dinner and if my mind don't change, we might just not leave the house today!
Happy Friday Everyone- Enjoy the start to your weekend!!!