* Slept in because I LOVE sleeping in
* Drove all over the country in search of fireworks and finally found some
* Realized that fireworks are ridiculously overpriced and spent an electric bill payment on them (geesh)
* Got us lunch at Dairy Queen and ordered the messiest thing on the menu to try and eat & drive
* Couldn't believe just how many people were at the grocery store on New Years Eve
* Did a "quick" straighten of my house before our company arrived
* Ordered pizzas for my crew plus 2 of Anika's friends before everyone else gathered in
* Had a TERRIBLE headache all night long & took enough Motrin to kill a horse
* Hung out with a ton of teenagers and one of Hubby's friends till the wee hours of the morning
* I didn't get to set by the bonfire any because it was cold and rainy & Annalee was awake till almost midnight.
* I sipped on some White Russians while Hubby drank some Bud Light
* I watched the fireworks from the porch and couldn't believe that we didn't get more for the money
* Watched the Ball Drop on television and wished I was there!
* Ended up not going to bed till after 3:00 am
I must say, it was a good way to spend New Years Eve. The kids all had fun which was my main goal. The girls did hang out by the fire and will probably all be sick come the middle of the week. There was lots of music, pool playing and socializing. We gathered in the garage by the TV around midnight and watched the ball drop & then shot fireworks. I talked to my Mommy at midnight and wished her a Happy New Year. In past years we would always go out and about but this year I just wasn't really interested. It was more important for me to be at home and celebrate with those most important to me, my husband & children. I guess I'm getting old or maybe I'm just growing up.
On the 1st Day of 2013 I:
* Slept until almost 1:00 pm. Isn't that just ridiculous. I guess you could say I slept 1/2 of the first day of the year away. Teenage parties about get the best of me.
* Straightened up my Kitchen, Living Room and Bathroom! They looked like war zones. NEVER EVER let a bunch of teenage girls cook
* Went to town and fed everyone McDonalds for lunch. I was just too lazy to cook today
* Went to my parent's this evening for Stuffed Cabbage. We always eat some sort of cabbage on New Years Day. It's a tradition. It stems from an old wives tale but we believe it!
* Feel very blessed to have such wonderful parent's. Today is their Anniversary and I'm so thankful God brought them together and blessed me by giving them to me as parents.
* Played some pool with the Hubby and lost. Tomorrow I must redeem myself
* Am turning into bed early. I'm exhausted. Actually, I think we all are. New Years has wore us out
Dear Friends tomorrow is a brand new week. It's the first week of a New Year. Isn't that exciting. Hubby returns to work tomorrow and Anika to school. I don't have plans and I like it that way. I want to spend my first week of 2013 just making plans and soaking in the fact that this week starts a clean slate for a New Year.
I hope you and yours had a wonderful end of 2012 celebration. Here is too an awesome year ahead for all of us!